Monday 13 April 2015

YouGov 1

Had my regular YouGov fix this morning. Today, they were most interested in my knowledge and use of what they call personal care products - toothpaste, hair dye and that sort of thing. Knowledge and use being pretty thin in my case, but they did pick up my interest in skin care products. A few general interest questions, including one about what did I think about the election. I could only think of the inane comment attributed to Cameron about how he was going to cure dementia in ten years if he got elected again. And what I think is a check question about my use of banks. They already know that, but the repeated question does test whether I am responding at random or not.

Moving onto breakfast, I started to wonder how many countries were involved in its assembly, my breakfast being warmed up stew liquor on old bread, tarted up with a little fresh cabbage. Beef quite possibly local, so English, rather than provincial. Mushrooms and carrots almost certainly English. Rape seed oil almost certainly from the EC, possibly but not necessarily England without looking at the bottle. Maybe one of these products from more than one country. Cabbage from Spain. Onion could be from lots of places, say Spain again. Rice ditto, let's say somewhere east of Suez. Wheat for the bread unlikely to be all English, so add in Canada. Salt and yeast probably from England. Giving a total of four and a half, rather less than I thought when I started out. With the half being for the oil.

Brain now in gear so time to go and fetch the DT.

PS: I am assuming here that YouGov link my various responses together. It would be very wasteful, from a statistical point of view, if they did not. The downside being that, over time, they get to know quite a lot about me. Nothing terribly important, but I do hope that they behave themselves in the data protection way. Don't publish my profile on Facebook or anything like that. Perhaps I should read the small print.

No comments:

Post a Comment