Monday 20 April 2015

Tree buffs

Home to read in the April 16th edition of our free Guardian that I am not the only person in Epsom to fuss about the state & health of our trees.

Then from the Spring 2010 edition of Insight, a magazine published by our council, I learn that 'Mike is one the Borough’s volunteer Tree Wardens and Chairman of the Tree Advisory Board (TAB), an active volunteer group that works in partnership with the Council to help safeguard trees within the Borough'. See reference 1 for the horse's mouth.

Maybe I should get in touch with these people to find out whether they take as dim a view of the activities of the chain saw volunteers as I do . Maybe there is hope yet, a pressure group which is at least five years old and which might have some impact on our council when it comes to ponder about our trees.

Am I ready for a bout of volunteering? I shall cast my mind back to my days with volunteering on British Standards groups and weigh things up.

Reference 1: http://www.epsom-ewell.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/DEEADDEF-9478-4D83-A86B-3FF2665D66C0/0/InsightSpring10finala.pdf. Where on earth do they get these elaborate file names from? It doesn't really matter very much, but it would look a bit more professional (to me at least) if their IT people could come up with something a bit more compact.

No comments:

Post a Comment