Wednesday 15 April 2015

A missed opportunity

Yesterday's Guardian carried a fine picture of a racing pig called David Hameron, racing with Ed Swiliband, Pork Clegg and Nigel Forage. We were mortified to learn that this important election event had happened just down the road at the Pennywell Farm at Buckfastleigh (see reference 1). We could, so easily, have been part of history in the making.

As it was, it was good to see provincials with a proper attitude towards politicians and their doings.

Oddly, I was unable to find the picture from the front page of the Guardian on their web site. In fact, I was unable to track the item down at all. Perhaps, bearing in mind the power of the MS snipping tool, they worry about copyright issues.

PS: I think the snipping tool has failed me just once in the half year or so since I discovered it. I think I wanted to capture something (a something innocuous enough, nothing to do with my banking affairs) on the HSBC web site and their IT people had been clever enough to block the snipping tool. It opened up OK and you could say new in the usual way but all you got was black.

Reference 1: http://www.pennywellfarm.co.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment