Tuesday 7 April 2015

Trolley 31

Captured on the railway bridge at Ewell West, about as far from M&S as I was likely to be on foot. But it got there OK, wrists rather shaken up.

I wondered whether someone had got on the train from Epsom with it and left it, more or less at the exit at Ewell West. But while that would have saved pushing the thing down East Street, one would still have had to have got it from M&S to Epsom Station and then, why leave it on the bridge? Having got it this far, why not dump it somewhere nearer home?

As I set off with it, a couple of Clock Tower taxis passed, a taxi stand where one often sees trolleys from the nearby M&S. But they were saloon taxis, not proper London taxis, and a loaded trolley would not have fitted in either one of them. So I put them down to coincidence.

Accompanied for the second half of the journey by a mother with a child in a wheel chair. She was, with her bigger wheels, slightly faster than me on the pavement, but I was quite a lot faster on the crossings, not having a passenger to be careful for. With the result that we reached the crossing outside what used to be the Wellington (a place which sold pies and other snacks from a plastic box on the bar) at about the same time.

Picture the best I could do with the bright sun behind me. Note the slightly damaged basket front.

No comments:

Post a Comment