Wednesday 29 April 2015

More chain

Following the snap at reference 1, I caught what is probably the same gang, a bit further up Longmead Road (up as in upstream) yesterday. Two lorry loads of advanced carers for trees.

But I should say, in fairness, that going back along Longmead Road today, I find that they do indeed appear to have been into caring rather than felling. That is to say, while quite a number of trees have been given a short back and sides, what is euphemistically called crown thinning, and some smaller trees have been taken down, I didn't notice any large holes in the canopy or large stumps in the ground. So while I don't see why this work was necessary, it could have been worse.

Reference 1: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/in-flagrante.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment