Saturday 23 January 2016

YouGov

Another YouGov day today. Once again they wanted to know what I knew and what I thought about all kinds of financial services outfits, with about two thirds of those being offered being outfits which I had heard of.

However, the questions asked presupposed a high level of interest in such matters. They expected me, for example, to remember with whom I insured our car. Which, given that the days of sitting with the same reputable insurer for ever are over, is quite unrealistic. Even more unrealistic was the idea that I had heard anything positive or negative about, say, Hiscox. But I could do the one about whether I would be embarrassed if a family member worked for Hiscox because, as it happens, I find their advertisements on railway platforms rather offensive and I would, in consequence, be so embarrassed. See reference 1.

YouGov then branched off onto my equally non-existent use of air travel and my near non-existent use of hotels. Perhaps as a government pensioner (I am fairly sure that that sort of thing was covered in the start up questions when I first joined their panel), I am expected to be more into that sort of thing.

But I was spared the excursion into coffee shops & fast food, another favourite with the YouGov people and another sector of which I have little knowledge and almost no experience.

Perhaps my failure to meet all these expectations accounts for my continuing failure to win anything in the prize draws offered as a reward for my participation.

Reference 1: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/tooting-trivia.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment