Saturday 2 January 2016

A difficult picture 2

Another difficult picture, selected for posting from the very last sequence of the old year.

I was just getting back to the house when I was struck by the strange and wonderful appearance of these clouds, as usual a very transient thing. The effect had gone in well under a minute. Rather to my surprise, the telephone had quite a fair stab at it; there is enough of the strange and wonderful appearance left to remind me of what it was like on the day. The snap serves its purpose as a souvenir.

Oddly, another place for striking skyscapes is Tooting Broadway, looking west at the end of the afternoon. Whether that is down to Tooting or to my tending to be there at that time of day, I have no idea. There certainly is plenty of clear sky to the west as one walks that way, northwest to be precise, either down Mitcham Road or over the lights and down Garratt lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment