Friday 11 April 2014

Online billing information

The other day we were invited by call center - an invitation which usually arrives by email - to send in a gas meter reading, which we dutifully did. Then this morning I get an email telling me that my online bill is available for my consideration.

Which turns out to be even more incomprehensible than usual, with a sample being illustrated left. The good thing was that it was easy enough to copy and paste this chunk into Excel, the bad news was that it came with formatting which hard wired it to the GasCo HQ, which took a little fiddling about to strip out.

As I have said here before, con the customer with numbers overload. Numbers not information, as this last would be far too grand a word to describe what I was looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment