Sunday 6 April 2014

AbEx time again

Following the posts of 2nd February above and of January 14th 2012 in the other place.

Much more in the mode of the former, this time to the tune of one of the Razumovsky quartets. A pity about the verso showing through on the scan.

On this occasion troubled by the crudity and lack of control of line that one gets with a biro, but I can't see myself graduating to anything superior, although I have occasionally thought to when passing an artists' merchant. I also had the feeling that I was trying too hard, that the thing was being forced, so I stopped rather sooner than I might have otherwise. Last thought was the importance of echo in this sort of doodle, with the features of one line picking up, echoing and usually modifying something in a nearby line. Maybe this is comparable to what musical people call counterpoint - with, on this occasion, the definition offered by Wikipedia rather confirming the thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment