Friday 25 April 2014

Gravediggers

Woke up this morning thinking of the 'Gravediggers' pub in Dublin, probably because of the company kept yesterday. Turning up my entry for 2nd June 2009 in the other place (http://www.pumpkinstrokemarrow.blogspot.co.uk/), I find that what I might have said about the place this morning was said there, more or less word for word.

So in this case there must be a cluster of brain cells dealing with the Gravediggers which might become inaccessible, that is to say I forget all about the place, but if poked replay the same story, time after time. A slightly more complex scenario than the clusters of brain cells said to be associated with proper names, one cluster for each name. So if you say 'Kate Moss' to me at 33 day intervals - the interval allowing any activity from the previous test to have died down - it is always the same cluster of brain cells which fire up in response, at least in so far as the resolution of the relevant brain scanner goes; maybe they really can get down to individual neurons these days. I wonder if anyone has studied whether the clusters are organised tidily in the brain, perhaps hierarchically with all the Irish places in one super-cluster and all the Cornish places in another? And all the places in one super-super-cluster. And so on and so forth. Maybe there are possibilities in a three dimensional hierarchy in a brain not available to the two dimensional one in a powerpoint ©.

Kate Moss © springs to mind because a not particularly good looking young lady was talking about her near me on the train to Waterloo yesterday, claiming, inter alia, that she was very beautiful and that she had met her in the flesh at some function or other. Maybe even talked with the great lady. But she is not very beautiful to me and I suspect that in the flesh she might be an ineffective for me as the young lady mentioned on 4th April. Not that I would not name drop energetically about her for ever more afterwards, no doubt citing her alleged habit of wrecking holiday homes in the course of substance fueled parties, allegations in which I dare say there is little or no substance, white powdery or otherwise. See also April 25th 2013.

Plenty of pictures of the place on Google, but the two that I tried to copy were too small to be worth including here. So I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment