Saturday 26 September 2015

Workers' hut

The good news is that the contractors have finally vacated their encampment on the edge of the Common, first noticed nearly a year ago at reference 1.

They did rather a better job of clearing away their large amount of rubbish than I had expected, but there are a couple of bits left behind, one of them being illustrated left.

Had I still been running an allotment, I would have collected this particular bit of rubbish as it would make an excellent frame on which to grow runner beans. I think the way to move it would be to tie it down on a barrow, horizontal, and then wheel the whole thing, just like the giant wheelbarrow it had become. I little awkward perhaps, but a lot easier than trying to carry the thing, bodily and single handed. One does not like to volunteer allotment acquaintances for jobs of this sort.

Reference 1: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/what-is-going-on.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment