Tuesday 22 September 2015

Basement 4

Following the war rooms, and following a quite respectable lunch upstairs in the 'Westminster Arms', a place where I have taken the odd pint in the past, on to Leicester Square where we were a little early for the state opening of 'Miss you Already', although there were a respectable number of fans in waiting and there was a great expanse of what looked like rather cheap pink carpet. Not a red carpet at all.

We were also able to admire the building, red rather than pink, which had once been the Royal Dental Hospital and where, as it happens, I had two wisdom teeth pulled by a student in the seventies of the last century. It was just as well that a licensed practitioner was to hand, as the student did have some trouble getting them out. And I had some trouble back at work when the cocaine wore off. The practitioner, who said that I would be OK, was clearly made of sterner stuff than yours truly.

PS: I was reminded earlier today that the Guardian seems to run a lot of creative writing courses and a lot of advertisements for the courses - so I am clearly not the only one with the urge to write. And as I type I remember that my mother caught the bug too, attending creative writing courses for adults after she retired. I don't know what, if anything, came of it, but it clearly runs in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment