Saturday 21 March 2015

Correction

I may sometimes give the impression that it is only Epsom & Ewell Borough Council who are keen on chain saw action in what was our green and pleasant borough.

But I read in this week's Guardian that the City of London Corporation, who own all or part of Ashstead Common, have had the chain saws out all winter - and I am clearly not the only person who wishes that they hadn't.

I suppose that having chosen the Corporation as fit guardians for our commons and handed them over, we are now lumbered with whatever herito-eco-fad they decide to inflict on our long suffering land.

Perhaps I am right to stick to Horton Lane which is largely left alone - apart from the irritating habit of our grass cutting contractors of strimming away the bark from around the bases of the young trees in the verges there.

No comments:

Post a Comment