Friday 8 November 2013

Breakfast trivia (or tripe)

Idling perusing yesterday's Guardian supplement - a supplement in which I only rarely find anything of interest, with BH doing rather better - over the wholemeal with yesterday's tuna, came across the two items illustrated.

The first is yet another Guardian cartoon of which I fail to see the point of. In fact, I can't see any point at all. What am I doing wrong? I suppose I should be grateful that I was not being invited to peruse basic body functions over the wholemeal, Guardian cartoons being rather strong in that department.

The second is a puff for the badgers. I had not realised that the Guardian line on badgers was to cuddle them. Perhaps it is a spin-off from our collective love affair with the bear, another hard core carnivore. Or the killer whale. Why do we get so soggy about such animals, whose only interest in us would be as lunch?

And what connection do the Guardian have with the oddly - if not pretentiously - named outfit at http://www.philosophyfootball.com/? There is no suggestion that any of one's purchase money goes to the Badger Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment