Wednesday 27 November 2013

A worm by any other name

For once I thought in time not to go to the link. Maybe harmless, maybe Norton would stop anything bad, but it looks like something improper. So for the first time for a long time, I have actually deleted an email.

Having got hold of me, easy enough to guess the two addresses, but how did whoever this is get hold of me? Who do I know who lives in Turkey and has access to Turkish flavoured addresses? I do know someone who has lived in Turkey within the last ten years, but that is about as close as I can get.

Is it a coincidence that Norton came up with a red alert for some trojan a couple of weeks ago? He claimed to have dealt with it.

1 comment:

  1. Followed today by something called wisersearch getting in the way of Google. A peek at the internet suggests that this is a bad thing, so phoned the people at BT who dealt with it in short order. Hope all is well now.

    ReplyDelete