Thursday 3 December 2015

Signs of age

I notice from time to time the age related mistakes that I make, of the putting the butter in the teapot variety.

Today I notice a growing tendency to be irritated by trivia.

So I am easily irritated by (usually young) people eating big near me on buses and trains. Stuffing their faces being a phrase that springs to mind. A far cry from the prohibition on eating on the street enforced during my childhood.

I don't like shops with names like 'Fatface' and will not use them.

And I really don't like most of the cartoons which grace the centre pages of the Guardian, that of yesterday being particularly offensive. To the point that one thinks of changing newspaper - until one reflects on the dire quality of most of the alternatives. The pinkun being a bit dear and a bit heavy for daily reading, good though it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment