Saturday 26 December 2015

Dream time

A remembered dream last night, the first for a while. Also unusual in involving a particular person. Some of it keyed to real events in the past couple of days.

I was at a meeting with the King of Saudi Arabia. Me, my boss and the king. The king was a large person, with a bright blue suit, a bright pink face and blue eyes. Nothing like the actual king at all. Not even much like a real person at all, rather a cartoon person. I associate now to the cartoons of Cameron in the Guardian. The boss and I were some kind of consultants or contractors, I know not what for.

I was talking far too much. It was not that I was talking rubbish, just that I should not have been talking at all. The king gazed at me, wondering what I was at. A rather condescending gaze - a condescending to which he was entitled, considering.

Then we leave to catch the aeroplane home. The boss and I emerge into some sort of sub-tropical car park, complete with some brightly coloured flowers, on tall stalks like sunflowers, and some palm trees. It is wet, windy and cold. I associate now to the car park at our local Homebase (gmaps 51.345577, -0.248210). Is there any significance in the fact that Homebase occupy the site of what used to be quite a fancy garden centre?

There is a lot of luggage lying around in heaps. Luggage of the ordinary sort, except in shape, which is long and square. In shape a bit like a larger version of the naval ammunition box in my study, say nine inches by nine inches by six feet.

There are a lot of people milling around, trying to get a place on one of the fleet of limos laid on to take us all to the airport.

I jump into the back of one, already carrying quite a few people and having very wide back seats. Quite a business getting from the door to the middle of my seat. Too late, I realise that I have left my suitcase behind.

I wonder about how I am going to get reconnected to my suitcase. Is all that going to be taken care of by someone else? This seems a bit unlikely. Think about, but decide against, jumping out of the limo.

I worry about refund of ticket money should it prove necessary to get a later flight. I work for quite a large outfit, with people going back and forth the whole time. Maybe there will be someone who can use my ticket.

Wake up.

PS: for some reason, I now go off somewhere quite different. When one is an executor for someone and have obtained the letter of probate, one can write off to all the someone's banks and get their accounts opened up. So what would happen if I sent off a letter of probate to Microsoft and asked them to open up someone's OneDrive or to Google and asked them to open up someone's gmail? Are the call centres that one would get through to geared up to deal with such requests? Would they push you off with some drivel about data protection? Or would they get smart with you and starting asking about whether you were a full blown literary executor or just some common-or-garden money one?

No comments:

Post a Comment