Monday 14 December 2015

Father Christmas came early

Having had my last phone for about a year, decided that an upgrade to the shiny new Lumia 950 was the order of the day. So shiny that it has a camera lens made by no less an outfit than Carl Zeiss - although I have some idea that there was Zeiss fission into a good part and a bad part as part of the Cold War. Which part are we talking about here?

The first phone to which I have been able to move my contacts without fuss or damage.

The first phone on which I have learned how to drive the pin system.

But not that impressed with the first picture, left. Not as sharp as I would have liked. Although the plant pictured is doing very well, with BH having been able to detect signs of life some days before I could and today the shoots are coming up fast. Furthermore, when you load the picture into the Windows 10 photo viewer, it is clearly jiggling about with it before it settles on how exactly it is going to do the display. While I had thought that once you had stored a picture that was it, no more monkey business.

And I can't find out what the third button on the right hand edge is for. Can't find a dummies diagram of the thing anywhere, certainly not in the on-board help.

No comments:

Post a Comment