Monday 22 June 2015

Grumpy of Epsom

For some years I have some software on my now Windows 8 PC, at the behest of HSBC, called Rapport Trusteer. Something to do with keeping the bad people at bay.

All was well for a long time, but now it has started to burn up nearly half the PC's cpu cycles for say 10 minutes when I turn the thing on in the morning. So what with Norton taking the other half for much the same time, all rather a pain.

Shall I ring the helpful people at the BT help desk or shall I try HSBC? Is it really worth digging out all the details you have to supply before the HSBC computer will talk to you, never mind put you through to a person? I decide that I will give it a try and collect all the details. After keying it all in and then listening to some terrible music for some minutes, I get put through to a call centre operator who tells me that I have come through to the wrong number. I don't think she had a clue what I was talking about but she did manage to say why didn't I phone the Rapport support number.

So I gave up on her and went back to the HSBC website, from where I eventually got to the IBM website, from where I could send IBM an email about the problem. I suspect that will go to the wrong person too, but we will see what happens. Their computer said it would get back to me within two working days.

To be continued.

PS: maybe I ought to take Norton off. Said by some to be superfluous or worse on a Windows 8 PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment