Friday 3 October 2014

A rather better job

A rather better image than the two offered hitherto, this one courtesy of the Museum of London and the Microsoft snipping tool.

It really is most impressive how much stuff there is out there these days, for free, intentionally. And to think than when they installed their first windows system at the Treasury, maybe twenty years ago now, the internet was just becoming the must-have fashion item for policy wonks and held what must be a microscopic fraction of what it holds now.

PS: I have noticed a new sort of senior failing over the past few weeks. For some years I have had a tendency to says words in the wrong order by switching an adjacent pair and now the complaint has moved from the tongue to the fingers, with my often switching an adjacent pair of letters. I dare say my Lumia telephone with its rather subtle spell checker would sort me out, but this HP Pavilion does not, despite its Windows 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment