Monday 17 August 2015

Leaves

A small tree, which I took for some kind of eucalyptus. Snapped near the northern exit of Long Grove Park.

The point of interest being that there seemed to be two sorts of leaves on the one tree, with one sort being the ordinary sort, top right, and the other sort being rather odd. Roughly circular leaves growing around the stem, rather than from the stem on a stalk, and which can be seen in the lower part of the picture.

Circular leaves some of which also seem to be host to some kind of small, central flower.

What would the leaf identifier I came across the other day have made of it all? See reference 1. I remember being irritated that the identifier did not work on Lumia telephones, but now I am irritated by not being able to recover the context in which I found out about the identifier in the first place, beyond it being via Professor Jacobs of Maryland University. There seems to be no record, here or anywhere else, despite my being sure that there is a record somewhere. Maybe it will come back to me over breakfast.

Reference 1: http://leafsnap.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment