Saturday 29 August 2015

Family fame

For some reason which I have not been able to fully disentangle from my normal morning activities, my attention was drawn to an article written by my father more than half a century ago and which has now arrived on the internet. As a working dentist and life-long atheist, he would, I think, have been pleased by this sort of life after death.

Originally published in the May 1963 number of the British Journal of General Practice (see reference 1).

It looks as if somebody has been very busy with a scanner and the full text can be found at reference 2.

It also looks as if the paper includes some discussion of the gum disease to which older people are prone. Perhaps, given my recent visit to my dental hygienist and her stern words about the importance of cleaning one's teeth properly, I ought to read it.

Reference 1: http://bjgp.org/.

Reference 2:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2612887/pdf/jcgprac00076-0066.pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment