Tuesday 11 August 2015

Frustrations

This morning, mainly to do with OneNote. A Microsoft product which I find convenient for making notes while I am on the move, with, curiously, there now being a lot more such than there used to be in the days of the Filofax, good in its time, a sort of pre-cursor to the smart phone, but a lot more bulky and now more or less obsolete after 50 years of more or less continuous use.

But I cannot find any OneNote help that I get on with. So I am completely baffled by its storage strategy and by its synchronisation processes. I am only scratching the surface of the functionality, only occasionally discovering how to use - or misuse - some new-to-me feature of what appears to be a sophisticated and rich product.

Plus, the PC which is connected to a printer has taken to directing print files to OneNote by default, rather than to the printer. Which means that I spend a lot of quality time gazing at the printer and wondering why it is not springing into life.

Maybe there is a OneNote for Dummies.

The other frustration is to do with bread. Why did yesterday's bake, the three hundred and seventeenth, fail to rise properly? Was it to do with it being warm and humid? The bread looked and tasted OK, but the two loaves were only 80-90% of their usual size - and I can't see any connection with the other two occasions recorded, one in 2013 and the other in 2014. What is the point of keeping records if they don't help out on these occasions?

No comments:

Post a Comment