Tuesday 7 July 2015

High and mighty

I was rather taken with a picture of lions in a tree in yesterday's Guardian. The caption claimed they were getting away from all the flies which live in the long grass.

I couldn't find the picture at all on the Guardian web site - although I might have done better had I been a paying subscriber - but google found plenty and this particular one comes from the Daily Mail, which has clearly run a very similar picture to that in the Guardian in the recent past. And I had thought that it was a Guardian original.

Not particularly high resolution and not as nicely clipped as it was in the Guardian, but at least it was there.

Thinking with my fingers and following the rather ugly example in Park Lane, perhaps we should persuade Tanzania to erect a monument to all the animals that have given their lives to keep the lions alive and well. See reference 1.

And maybe, to help out, we could lend them Sir Amish Kapoor for a few years, thus giving our public spaces a rest.

Reference 1: http://www.animalsinwar.org.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment