Saturday 30 August 2014

Hole 2

While the wall went well, at least so far, there was one casualty. The tray on which I have been mixing concrete for many years now is giving up and there is a hole in the hardboard base, in the middle, about a third of the way up, not really visible in this shot but magnified in the one before. The hole appeared half way through the wall and I patched the tray by tacking a bit of board underneath, which did the trick, at the cost of the tray sliding around a bit on the patio as it no longer presented a flat base. No doubt more holes are on the way.

So what to do? Nothing, on the grounds that I am unlikely to do any more concreting? Replace the base? The snag with this last being that I don't think I have anything suitable to hand and I rather resent buying something. Make a whole new tray using the oak-finished chipboard tabletop which I do have to hand but which is the wrong size (too big) for the tray I have now?

I shall let the matter rest for the moment and do nothing rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment