Tuesday 30 September 2014

La Croix Taillefer Pomerol

Now consumed the Pomerol reported on 19th September and very good it was too. Well worth the extra.

But I forgot that Waitrose are not very good at Comté and bought some of that to go with it. I should have known better and once again it was dry and sharp; not a patch on the stuff I more usually get from Borough Market. I think the trouble probably is that they do not sell nearly enough of it and that it does not keep well in the small lumps they do sell from. Luckily I fared rather better with the other cheese I bought at the same time, so we did have something to go with the Pomerol, despite the Waitrose web site explaining that it was just the ticket with roast lamb.

A quick computation this morning reveals that the wine came in at 3.3 pence for a gram while the cheese came in at 1.8 pence for a gram. Maybe the extra pence per gram explains all.

No comments:

Post a Comment