Wednesday 10 September 2014

Admonished?

I read fairly recently a short piece about how not to blog and I am fairly sure that it came with an advertisement for a guardian master class, but all I can find now is an advertisement for a masterclass in blogging for absolute beginners, this in itself not being a very good advertisement, to my mind anyway, for a high standard of usage of our language. See http://www.theguardian.com/guardian-masterclasses.

But I do remember that the piece told me not to do lots of things which I do all the time, in particular including all kinds of arcane and useless bits of knowledge which are only likely to be of any interest to me myself. A rather tiresome form of showing-off as far as everybody else is concerned. I must try and run the piece to ground, but in the meantime I am very impressed by the amount of interest there must be out there in learning about all aspects of creative writing. I am not alone! Maybe I will go in for adult education yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment