Wednesday 23 October 2013

Eureka moment (1)

Following my Lumia post of 16th October, I have suddenly discovered a new place where the PC talks to the phone, the only place that I had found hitherto being the limited conversations permitted in Windows Explorer, albeit more than enough to move documents and the all-important pictures about.

I had noticed a small blue window which popped up at the top right hand corner of the screen when I plugged the phone in some time ago, a pop up which invited you to tap here. The PC screen not being a touch screen, I ignored it and after a while it went away. But today, for some reason, I clicked on the thing and a whole new phone flavoured world opened up on the PC. Including thumbnails for all kinds of lurid apps which someone was clearly itching for me to pay for.

But, poking around a bit, the whole new world does seem to know all about backup, backup to the cloud at least, so I will have to investigate further. Maybe in a week or so I will achieve back up of the also-all-important contacts list.

In the meantime, it thoughtfully downloaded the entire camera roll to the PC, seemingly oblivious that I had previously downloaded 99% of it by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment