Saturday 21 February 2015

A short illness

For once in a while I actually felt ill yesterday, rather than just being ill.

We got back from London around 1600 and I was feeling fine. Fed and watered, and then about 2000 I started feeling cold. This is not particularly unusual at that time of day and I put it down to a combination of warfarin and old age. Took a glass of Chablis (not the £150 a bottle stuff to be found at Hedonism) and settled down for the evening dose of ITV3. But, unfortunately, instead of appreciating the costume drama/murder mystery on offer (from Great Western as it happens, see previous post), I started to feel rather odd. Took another glass on the grounds that this would help me sleep and went to bed (having been up rather early that morning). And then I started to feel very odd indeed, with an attack of the shivers, particularly in the lower limbs. Eventually I got the shivers under control and didn't feel too bad, although rather hot. Eventually I got off to sleep, to troubled dreams.

It so happens that I do Visual Basic with an array of things that I call internal objects, an array of maybe twenty five columns and fifteen thousand rows. In the dream my troubles with health were all mixed up with troubles with this array, troubles in particular with putting dates onto new objects, with the computation of the date to be used being very mixed up. There was a flavour of induction but an induction without the all important starting point.There was also a flavour that my body and the array had been conflated. I suppose a fever was giving me hallucinations, even though I was asleep.

I woke up around 0600, feeling much better and having sweated a good bit during the night. But it took me some minutes to disentangle my state of my health from the state of my array. All rather odd again.

Eventually I was fully awake, a bit washed out, but hopefully OK. I think I was the last time something like this happened, maybe at some point last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment