Saturday 17 January 2015

Trolley 19

A bit later on the same walk, I picked this one up near the taxi rank near the horse trough at the easthern end of Epsom market. Again, no big deal to return it to M&S, only slightly off my way to Waitrose.

But I do have two beefs with Waitrose, who are losing caste, at least with me.

First, I get an email this morning explaining some offer involving coupons, for all the world like something you might get from Tesco's or Sainbury's. Being a partnership and full of hi-falutin talk about their values, I had thought that they were above this sort of thing.

Second, I find that they have still not restocked their Epsom store properly after what passed for the Christmas rush. Two of the six things that I wanted to buy were absent without acceptable substitutes having been shelved in their place, I had to change my white wine again and I had to change my white bread flour again - with each such latter change taking a batch or two to settle down. See reference 1. Not to mention the disturbance to our sessions with ITV3 caused by the former change.

But there was consolation in that they still had Lincolnshire Poacher, a hard, yellow and hitherto reliable cheese. Looks like a cheddar but said not to quite be one, despite having been cheddared in the course of manufacture. See reference 2 for some gen, on the stuff, although there is no reason to suppose that that is where Waitrose get theirs from..

Reference 1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8152054/Bread-20110120.xls.

Reference 2: http://www.lincolnshirepoachercheese.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment