Tuesday 27 January 2015

Podlife

From time to time - see for, example, reference 1 - I mention the pods which sophisticated folk think are all the thing for meetings.

Then the other day, in a service area somewhere between here and Cambridge, I came across a motorway pod.

This part of the service area was essentially a large shed, the sort of thing that might otherwise contain a Sainsbury's or a Wickes. Large and airy and comfortable, if a touch noisy. There were plenty of seats and there was plenty of space, so why one would pay £8 an hour to sit in this well glazed convenience was beyond me. In any event, no-one took the plunge during our short stay nearby. Perhaps it is out on trial.

I might also record that this might have been the occasion when I got a dreadful cup of tea from Costa. It started off badly with a great chunky white mug, only very distantly related to a tea cup. Then the tea in the mug had a very odd taste, almost undrinkable, but a taste which I have had from Costa's motorway tea before. And then, a couple of days later I got the same sort of taste from a cup of tea at home and today's theory is that the taste is that of soap and so today's resolution is to rinse as well as wash the cups.

I wonder whether this is a problem that people with dishwashers recognise.

Reference 1: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/watson.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment