Monday 10 November 2014

Failed

A few days ago there were some rather pretty yellow spikes of some sort of fungus showing on the back lawn. We did not get to find out what, if anything, they grew into as they fell casualty to lawn raking.

Then yesterday I came across a white version on the way to Southfield Park, apparently growing out of a bit of dead root. I took some pictures with the telephone, but for once it failed me, with the pictures failing to capture much sense of how well they looked on the damp, mid morning grass. But maybe if I go back in a day or so, I will at least get to find out what they grow into, if, indeed, anything.

There was also a pair of dogs having a fine time chasing each other in a circle. One high, brown & lean, one short, black & furry. The chase ended in a short standoff, with crouching back and baring of teeth, after which the high dog suddenly got bored and wondered off to snuffle in a ditch.

And then various odd birds in the bushes, of more than one sort, between great tit and thrush in size but which I did not get close enough to get a proper look at and which I did not recognise. Maybe winter visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment