Sunday 25 May 2014

Taking notes

Many years ago, when I used to work for the organisation then known at CCTA (headquartered in the Riverwalk House at Vauxhall Bridge, recently and expensively demolished), some of the people with whom I used to work and who were better at it than I was, used to take notes of all their doings in fat A4 note books, and were thus able, when one day had blurred into another, to recover what it was they had done when they last visited this or that customer.

I now do this myself, making use of fat A4 note books from Rymans for the purpose, using the right hand pages to take notes and the left hand pages for any commentary - contemporary or subsequent - that may turn out to be necessary. I have just finished one such book, after 21 months service, and I offer a sample page from the left hand path.

I am pleased to record that its successor is identical with the same number, 352, of pages and only the stuck on product label has moved a little with the times. It is good when one has grown used to something to be able to replace it, a trick I rarely manage in the case of, for example, clothes. But I have done better, over the last year or so, with trainers.

No comments:

Post a Comment