Saturday 3 May 2014

Dignity in dying

I was rather taken with the cover of the edition of 'Campaign' which landed on our mat yesterday. What was inside the covers quite good too.

Maybe someone will draw it to our MP's attention, that is to say Chris Grayling, firmly against a change in the law. Last time I emailed him his very efficient office replied: 'I’m sorry, but I haven’t changed my view on this. I am also pretty sure that the majority of people locally share my view, though this is an issue which clearly attracts strong view on either side. Given that, the only option for someone in my position is to follow my conscience'. I'm pretty sure that he is very wrong about the majority of people locally but I am not sure whether it would help to email him for a third time.

And he does have a point. MP's have their party, their various constituents and their conscience to deal with: it will be hard to please all of them all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment