Friday 31 January 2014

CenturyLink Center Omaha

Disappointed once again this year that personal circumstances mean that I am not going to be able to make it to Omaha for Warren E. Buffett's annual bash in May.

But the good news is that he has come to Epsom, albeit in a small way, instead. Indeed, our four patio chairs purchased for £1 each were purchased from a Berkshire Hathaway company. They are back in town this morning and we might just go along to see what we can pick up.

Just for old times' sake, I took a peek at the website at http://www.berkshirehathaway.com, to be reminded that Warren hangs onto the old-world virtues of thrift and conspicuously refuses to have a website worthy of an operation of the size of his. Looks like his grandson might have knocked it up during a break in the Simpsons: I guess he would say that he his putting shareholders funds into things which make shareholder value rather than stroke their egos.

The additional good news is that Google rides to the rescue on Google Maps and there are some very impressive pictures of the CenturyLink Center to be had there (455 North 10th Street). Right on the Missouri too if you fancy a bit of kayaking.

There is also a very entertaining guide to the 2013 bash, which I have now downloaded onto my mobile phone for that odd bit of slack in my busy schedule, when I might want a bit of eye candy. Came out a treat there.

PS: the bad news is that something called 'apis.google.com' has started appearing on my PC while Google flavoured pages are taking a while to load. A quick peek with Google search suggests that this might be some kind of an interface so that people can peek at what I am doing so that they can add value to my experience. There's no escape! Add value for who?

No comments:

Post a Comment