Wednesday 27 March 2013

Dream time

Another dream to report, from the world of work as nearly always, after a relatively dream free few weeks, last reports being from the 14th and 17th January. A rather tired dream, recycling old material.

I was an IT project manager, trying to hold a meeting of the team in a rather cluttered room which associates to an upstairs classroom at my secondary school, wooden desks and all. The classroom of one Mr. Billingshurst perhaps, a French teacher with an interest in the RAF segment of the CCF; my form teacher when I was 13 or 14 or so. A rather tatty project with an uncertain divide between the in-house team and the out-house team and with the leaders of both sub-teams being rather pale versions of real people - from work that is, not from school. I was finding it rather difficult to conduct the meeting as most of the time my nose seemed to be about level with the top of the table I was supposed to be conducting from. Not a very commanding position at all. Far too many conversations going on on the side.

The project seemed to be about printers and printing - the sort of printers you have in offices that is, not newspapers, books or print shops - but it was not clear what exactly it was that was to be done.

I got into a muddle between the sort of printer that one hangs off a common or garden PC and the sort of large printer which needs special arrangements, called Vienna Printing in the dream, 'Vienna' being a fragment which had strayed in from somewhere quite different and which did not belong in this dream at all. The in-house team was rather cross that I had thought that the out-house team was worrying about these common or garden printers when they had thought that they were their job.

And that was about it. Presumably all the more interesting bits got suppressed as I was waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment