Friday 15 February 2013

Browser pains

For some weeks recently Chrome was frequently freezing. I had thought to spend a happy hour with the helpful people from the BT help service but never got around to it, and now the freezing seems to have gone away. Presumably, one of the many background updates has fixed it.

On the other hand the blog search box seems to have vanished from http://www.pumpkinstrokemarrow.blogspot.co.uk/ while an irritating new toolbar carrying links to all kinds of stuff I don't want to use is being displayed on line 4 of the Chrome window, most but not all of the time. I am sure that I have turned the thing off once before but I cannot for the life of me find the place where one does this today. Furthermore, the new toolbar is not quite right and sometimes overlays some of the part of the screen that you do want to see. Thinking of BT again and in the meantime reduced to using the Windows search facility from Microsoft on my backup copies of the blog in Word.

And to add to the irritation, the Oracle people seem to be updating Java every day, a product which I do not consciously use at all but which presumably powers some feature of something or other which I do use. Which I would not mind, but my PC likes to ask me if it is OK on each and every occasion. Very proper of it too, I dare say.

No comments:

Post a Comment