Tuesday 6 October 2015

Goose?

I first noticed the chicken fungus in Chessington Road back in August and have been keeping an eye on it ever since. See reference 1. It was there last time I remembered to look, albeit a bit weather beaten.

Then the other day, in the same general area but exactly where I cannot now say, despite having passed it again a few days later, I came across the even bigger specimen illustrated left. Rather elderly and not, I think, the same species as the chicken. Let us say goose for the purposes of communication.

Oddly, despite taking its picture, I did not notice until the second passing, the even larger growths on the other side of the tree. I think a tree stump, but I am not even sure about that. Memory clearly in a bad way this morning. Must be the absence of the vino blanco from yesterday evening.

Reference 1: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/chicken-of-woods.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment