Tuesday 19 May 2015

Trolley 33

Near a month since the last capture, this trolley was found at a bus stop between Kiln Lane and Ewell, a place which had the virtue of being understandable with the culprit simply walking his or her shopping from Kiln Lane and abandoning the containing trolley on boarding a bus. But my capture at a time when it was raining and so not convenient it to snap it in-situ as it were. So that had to wait until I reached the trolley stand at Kiln Lane. The leftmost trolley in the snap.

As it happens, another trolley with a front wheel replacement, the left hand one as you push, just visible middle right. And, if you had asked me, I would have guessed the last one was a lot more recent than November of last year (reference 1). The only one before that was in the September of the same year. I think a different trolley in each case. I also think that they have more than one sort of replacement wheel.

Pity that they don't have serial numbers on these things, in the way of locomotives of old, then I could do a proper train spotter job.

Maybe as an alternative, I will construct a statistical exercise around trolleys, involving estimating the chance of finding a trolley with a replacement front wheel in the next so many days or weeks. An estimate which will need to be updated as the days roll by.

Reference 1: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/trolley-14.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment