Friday 25 July 2014

Civics (3)

Took the hose to it this morning and it came up, more or less as new.

Then onto google to see what it is was worth and what to do with it. I found that I could buy an inferior version on ebay for £25. I found a recycling outfit at http://www.trolleywise.co.uk/ which did involve downloading an app, something I have yet to get a decent grip on and which would probably have involved waiting in - or leaving the trolley on the verge, which BH would not have cared for. So the answer was clearly to walk the thing back to Sainsbury's at Kiln Lane, which I then did, leaving it inside its twin in a trolley park.

Nearly home I came across a rather smaller Waitrose trolley, in the respectable end of Manor Green Road. If it doesn't move maybe I will move in on that one. I can become a one-man campaign to clear Stamford Ward of carelessly parked shopping trolleys.

PS: along the way I read that the average life of one of these very substantially built shopping trolleys is around two years. Maybe more care in this department is part of what makes Lidl and Aldi the shops they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment