Friday 26 July 2013

It's that moan a minute time again...

My bank have thoughtfully sent me a new credit card, my old one being set to expire next month. But not so thoughtfully they have changed the number, a change which means that I have now spent around two hours faffing about with keyboard and telephone trying to sort out the change, the challenging bit being remembering who needs to be told and then doing whatever it is that they want done.

Score so far, done four, of which I was able to verify just one by making a small trial purchase, this option not being available on the other three. Failed the fifth and now too grumpy to try and do any more today; I shall just wait for the payment that that one is connected to fail.

A good example of how service providers transfer administrative costs to their customers as part of taking them on the online journey. But I suppose I will think that it was all worth while in a few weeks time when it is all bedded down and confirmed to be working.

Which reminds me that the gas people have just sent me another incomprehensible online bill. Another gang which is into stuff the customer by option and information overload. An old trick from the bad old days when it was used to keep stroppy trade union officials under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment