Saturday 28 December 2013

Casualty 2

Better class of casualty at Tunbridge Wells.

Also both bad news and good news from Halls.

The bad news was that the foreign language book shelf had been disbanded, reduced to a cardboard box underneath the table. No sign of either Percy or Coulevain (see yesterday's post), so I expect both will fade away; too much else going on for them to hold their place on my top table now.

The good news is that the turnover at Halls is strong enough for such a thing to happen. So many of the foreign books that were there last time I was there had been sold that their shelf was no longer viable. Perhaps the place will survive.

I paid for my entry with an autobiography of G. K. Chesterton. We shall see if his efforts in that line entertain as much as those in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment