Tuesday 21 May 2013

Notes from the front line

Following my report of of 28th October 2012, I thought I should share some life style and dietary tips from a former bag man.

Regular and moderate habits good; excess of almost any variety seems to be bad.

Plenty of light exercise good.

Plenty of evening food bad.

Warm beer bad, but wine, luckily, good. Fizzy drinks in general probably bad but I was never much into them, so not tested.

Home brew wholemeal bread with hard yellow cheese (Lincolnshire Poacher from Waitrose) good. But fibre needs to be managed: too little bad, but too much bad as well.

I suspect red meat, chocolate, cream and swede of being bad. So red meat consumption well down in favour of pork and chicken. Chocolate, cream and swede avoided. But carrots, raw or cooked seem to be good. Lentil soup, again luckily, good in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment