Friday 5 April 2013

Barge life

I noticed the attractive barge in Topsham on 14th March. You can now read all about it in the 'Express & Echo' and see all about it in their online picture archive. Go to http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/ and ask for vigilant, the barge being a few entries down, at least it is just presently.

The illustration gives a good idea of the amount of work to be done, even if the words are barely legible, with the bonus that scanning it taught me that my recent Windows 8 upgrade had trashed the desktop software for my printer (all £30 worth of it. I must have spent many times that on genuine & original HP ink over the small number of years that I have had it. Presumably the printer itself is sold at a loss with an eye to the gains to follow). Luckily for me, HP have a well organised site which enabled me to download the new software now needed. Took all of ten minutes or so and it seems to be OK, even to the extent of not trying to print to One Note or some such thing by default from Word, with the only problem being that I have got to get used to a whole new user interface. Happy days.

I also remember the happy days of forty five years ago when the 'Express & Echo' was a broadside and included listings of all the evening entertainments suitable for young people. Dances in far off Whimple and that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment